Launching on Steam Early Access today with 20% discount
Established UK based indie developer VooFoo Studios is delighted to announce its entry into publishing, with its first title Mantis Burn Racing launching on Steam Early Access today.
Mantis Burn Racing, which combines fast-paced, bumper-to-bumper racing with intuitive, tactile gameplay, is now in development for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The immersive title brings raw top-down racing, stunning visuals and fully-upgradable vehicles playable either in single player, 4 player local split screen or with 8 players online.
“We’re delighted to be bringing Mantis Burn Racing to PC and consoles,” said Mark Williams, Technology Director at VooFoo Studios. “The pedigree of our studio and our success has allowed us to create a game we believe will be one of the best looking and most immersive in its genre. We’re really excited to welcome fans into Early Access to gain the feedback which will help us shape the game’s development.”
Mantis Burn Racing features a comprehensive career mode where every aspect of the players’ driving ability will be tested to the full, and with upgradable car elements and four player local split screen and eight player online multiplayer, there’s plenty of content to dive into.
Mantis Burn Racing Features include:
- Comprehensive Career Mode – Test every aspect of your driving ability in a compelling career structure where you choose your progression path on the road to being crowned Mantis Burn Racing Champion.
- Bumper-to-Bumper Racing – Jump the sand dunes of sun-scorched Sand Town or burn rubber on the asphalt city streets of New Shangri-la in high-risk, high-speed but most of all, highly competitive racing.
- Incredible Vehicles – Choose from a roster of fully customisable built-for-racing vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits with speedy dune-buggies, versatile road-racers and super-strong 6-wheeler trucks competing side-by-side in the same race.
- Stunning Visuals – Race across stunning reversible tracks located in 2 distinct environments with incredible photo-realistic visuals for crystal clear high-octane racing.
- Utterly Believable – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling and dynamic destructible environments where tyres screech and barriers fly.
- Deep Upgrade System – Fine tune your vehicle’s appearance, handling and performance to your exact preference and playing style via a deep, tactical upgrade system that offers an almost infinite amount of vehicle variations, creating a unique race experience for every player.
- Challenging Game Modes – Master demanding game modes that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting.
- Intense Multiplayer – 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly.
- Original Soundtrack – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
- Regular Updates – Regular content updates during Early Access with add-ons planned post full launch, including free and paid content packs.
Mantis Burning Racing is available on Steam Early Access from today priced £9.99, $12.99 and €12.99, with a special introductory offer giving an additional 20% off during launch week. The game will launch on PS4 and Xbox One as a digital download later in 2016.