Deep Silver today reveal Persona 5, from the award-winning Persona Japanese role-playing game series developed by ATLUS, will launch in Europe and all PAL regions on February 14th 2017, for a simultaneous western launch.
This instalment will be available exclusively for consoles on PlayStation 4 (PS4) for €69.99 / £54.99 and PlayStation®3 for €49.99 / £39.99, at Retail and Digital.
For PlayStation 4 both the Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition as well as the Persona 5 SteelBook Launch Edition are now available to pre-order. The Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition, available for €89.99 / £79.99, offers the game, SteelBook Collectible Case, Soundtrack CD, 4″ / 10 cm Morgana Plush, 64-page Hardcover Art Book, School Bag and Collectible Outer Box. The SteelBook Launch Edition of Persona 5 offers the game & SteelBook Collectible Case, at the price of €69.99 / £54.99. The PlayStation 3 version will be only available in a standard game case at the price of €49.99 / £39.99.
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students – the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game’s story – who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler: attending class, after-school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self”. The game’s heroes realise that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and only by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.
- Persona 5 is the first numbered title of the award-winning franchise on home consoles since the PS2 generation.
- Fast-paced Japanese role-playing game mechanics, exciting action sequences, deep and engaging story.
- Vibrantly stylised characters, enemies, and environments, elegant anime-style cut-scenes.
- Soundtrack featuring the fresh sounds of acid jazz composed by the legendary composer Shoji Meguro.
- A standalone story experience that welcomes newcomers and veteran Persona players alike.