Head down to the virtual pub to hang out and play games of darts, pool, Shuffleboard and more!
Cherry Pop Games, developers of highly successful videogames in both traditional and VR spaces announced today the release of the highly anticipated Cross-Play update: SportsBar VR 2.0, for Playstation VR, HTC Vive, and Oculus Rift platforms.
Like its predecessor, Sports Bar VR, which reached Sony’s top 10 PSVR sellers list and earned an unprecedented 97% rating on Steam. SportsBar VR 2.0 is a social hangout experience made for VR, with loads of games, packed with instant fun, uniquely designed for Virtual Reality.
SportsBar VR 2.0 is the future of going out. Set within an interactive virtual sports bar, SportsBar VR 2.0 enables up to twelve players to play games online or offline, game modes include the new Reaction game, Interactive Puzzle walls, air hockey, pool, darts, ramp ball, hang out and chat. Players can roam the bar, complete our challenges or even make up their own challenges, like throwing cue balls, smashing bottles and much more. Loosen up in the virtual bar without ever drinking a single drop of beer!
Pete Jones, CEO CherryPop Games said, “We’ve always believed in post release support for our games, and Sports Bar VR 2.0 is the epitome of this.” He added, “We’ve brought platforms together with cross play, increased the number of players online with up to a huge twelve players and crafted new game modes specifically designed for VR. We’ll continue to bring updates to an our fans to offer great value, and the best social experience in VR.”
SportsBar VR 2.0 Gameplay Features:
- Doubles and more: All 7 Pool tables are now playable in the bar with CherryPop’s Pool Nation Physics Engine. Play 4 different game types, 1v1 or in doubles.
- Cross Play: Bringing PlayStation and PC together, Cross Play has been introduced between the three leading headsets PSVR, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
- More People Online: Online lobbies have increased from 6 to 12 people, so there is more social fun to be had.
- Tonnes to Do: New Chained reaction game, a ‘Whack a Mole’ style reaction based game, Puzzle wall, Darts, pool, air hockey, ramp ball, shuffleboard and more. Just about every classic pub game is here… All in beautiful, realistic 3D VR.
- Just Have Fun! Had enough of being a good sport? Then create an epic trickshot, Shoot a ping pong gun, enjoy throwing bottles, cue balls and sticks around, nobody gets hurt and nobody has to clean up!
- Hang with Friends: A fully immersive social setting enables you to simply hang out and chat. For more information on development or to trade pub chat with friends, join the discussion by visiting Cherry Pop Games on the web.