Psyonix has plotted the Rocket League road map to bring new contents and updates throughout 2018 which you can read all about below.
Hi everybody! With our next update fast approaching, we wanted to share with you some of our plans for the first few months of 2018.
We’re testing out a new update schedule this year that alternates Content Updates – which include things like new Competitive Seasons (and rewards), Maps, Events, and DLC – with Feature Updates that focus on new functionality like Tournaments or Cross-Platform Parties.
This alternating schedule lets us update on a more frequent and regular cycle, guarantees you won’t have to wait too long between Competitive Seasons, and lets us spend more time perfecting and bug fixing features before they go live.
With that in mind, here are the highlights of what you can look forward to in the months ahead.
- February Content Update
- Competitive Season 7 Begins
- Competitive Season 6 Rewards
- New Crate
- New RLCS Fan Rewards
- Tournaments Beta
- Steam public beta for our upcoming Tournaments Feature
- New Licensed Premium DLC
- Spring Event
- Spring Feature Update
- Play against other players in bracketed, single elimination tournaments
Quality of Life Updates
- Item Stacking
- Better Item Filtering, Searching, and Sorting
- Equip to Blue/Orange Team for Painted Car Bodies
New and Expanded Options
- Packet Send/Receive Rate and Bandwidth Limits
- “Team Quick Chat Only”
- Disable “One Minute Remaining”, etc. messages
Connection Quality Info
- See notifications for Packet Loss, Latency Variance, and Server Performance in-game
- Will help us and the community better differentiate between “server issues” and connection problems
Switch Performance & Visual Quality Updates
- Performance Mode – 900p (Docked) / 720p (Handheld) @ 60 FPS with infrequent dynamic resolution scaling
- Quality Mode – Native 1080p (Docked) / 720p (Handheld) @ 30 FPS with added visual effects
APRIL AND BEYOND
Once we’re past the Tournaments release we’ll begin talking more about our roadmap for the summer and beyond with posts like these every few months. As a quick reminder, here are some of the features that are still being developed for 2018 release:
- Cross-Platform Parties
- Party up and matchmake with players from other (participating) platforms
- Progression Updates
- Make XP relevant again
- Earn Decryptors through play
- New Banners, Titles, and other rewards for reaching high levels
- New Arenas
- New Features
- Xbox One X – We are now targeting Xbox One X support for late 2018
That’s just a quick look at the major highlights that are coming up this year, and look out for the February Update next week (pending first-party certification approvals) when it launches on all platforms February 7.