Three-Day Festival of Play and Gaming to Feature Huge Selection of Retro Games and Includes the Official Nintendo® Mario Kart™ 25TH Anniversary Tournament!
Replay Events, the UK’s leading gaming entertainment company, announced today participation in the GEEK festival, a three-day celebration of all forms of gaming, taking place in UK half-term week from February 17th through February 19th 2017.
More than a mere video game show, GEEK features family entertainment on an epic scale, featuring a huge range of multi-player interactive games, board games, retro and current gen gaming, card games and real world games.
Leaders in consumer gaming events, Replay Events will be bringing a jaw-dropping selection of retro-gaming to GEEK, including the following attractions:
- Multi-Player Lounge Play – Come chill out with a classic range of ‘couch-play’ four-player titles, from classic games like Micro Machines and Bomberman to brand new indie sensations like Ultimate Chicken Horse and Party Panic!
- Multi-Player Retro Gaming – Take a trip through time sampling forgotten classics from previous generations of consoles from the Atari VCS and the Amiga, to the PlayStation 2, Gamecube and original Xbox. See how the games of yesteryear compare to the modern classics on current generation consoles, also available to play at GEEK!
- Minecraft Zone – Running continuously throughout the GEEK festival, the Minecraft Zone features three playable game modes including Survival Mode, Creative Mode and the ever-popular Hunger Games
- 16-Player Replay Ring – Experience local multi-player gaming on an impressively huge scale! The Replay Ring features 16 Xbox 360 consoles linked together, playing non-stop classics such as Halo 4, Blur and Blazing Angels 2
- Tournament Zone – Replay Events brings the fun of competitive gaming to GEEK, running contests throughout the show on classics such as Halo 4, PES 2017, Street Fighter V and Minecraft. With prizes to be won, gamers can test their skills and win big!
- Street Fighter Celebration – Celebrate the most beloved fighting game of all time with a dedicated area re-living the classic series and featuring the following titles: Street Fighter II Turbo on the SNES, Street Fighter II: Championship Edition on the Megadrive, Street Fighter III: Third Strike on the Dreamcast, Street Fighter IV on the Xbox 360 and Street Fighter V on the PS4
- Rock Band 4 Stage Zone – Rock out with the legendary music game, featuring a full four-player band setup playable on the stage!
- Iron-Geek Challenge – Not for the timid, show your skills on Pac-Man, Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros in the Iron-Geek challenge zone! Race through each of the games and win the coveted trophy!
“The GEEK festival is celebrating its fifth year in 2017 and Replay Events are proud to be partnering with the show,” said Andy Brown, Director for Replay Events. “GEEK is the perfect opportunity for gamers and families to come together and enjoy gaming on a massive scale. Replay Events are proud of our heritage in staging gaming events throughout the UK and a key part of our business lies with providing an unrivalled range of classic and retro-games for various partner events. With this in mind, we’re confident we’ll have something for everyone to enjoy and we look forward to welcoming guests to the show this February.”
Amongst the impressive roster of events taking place over the three days, GEEK is proudly teaming up with Nintendo to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Mario Kart. Alongside offering visitors the opportunity to play every Mario Kart game through the ages, GEEK proudly plays host to the official Mario Kart tournament, taking place on Saturday 18th February. With a chance to win a brand-new Nintendo Switch home console, players will compete one-on-one in repurposed bumper cars from Dreamland’s historic amusement park as they tussle for first place across eight races from the best Mario Kart has to offer!
Tickets for GEEK are available now and start from as little as £7 per child and £12 per adult. For more info, please visit https://www.dreamland.co.uk/geek
For the purposes of this event, an adult is aged 15 and over. There will be some over 18s areas at the evening event.
Under 5s go free. Dreamland Members get 10% discount. For more info on Dreamland Membership, visit https://www.dreamland.co.uk/membership