TaleWorlds Entertainment and Koch Media today announce the retail release of the highly praised Sandbox-RPG Mount & Blade: Warband.
In Mount & Blade: Warband the player can witness and enjoy a completely open sandbox-RPG, which is set in a fictional medieval scenario. Individuals can choose their career path and define their own goals in total freedom, thanks to the non-linear gameplay. Realistic medieval combat is also offered in the form of challenging skill-based real-time fights. Not only is strategic thinking for small encounters or large scale battles required, but the player will also be need to master a huge array of melee and ranged medieval weapons.
Mount & Blade: Warband further offers a far-reaching world map, extensive character creation as well as character progression. Gamers can also choose to fight against fellow foes in the online multiplayer mode with up-to 32 players.
- Completely open sandbox-RPG: Set in a fictional medieval scenario inspired by the middle age of our time, the players decisions and actions will decide their fate. Players can choose their career path and define their own goals in total freedom thanks to the non-linear gameplay
- Far-reaching world map: Offering various possible starting regions on a war-torn continent of different rivalling factions, each with their own unique set of skills and traits
- Realistic medieval combat: In challenging and complex, skill-based real-time fights, the players will improve their traits by using them in combat. Fighting on foot or atop a steed, the player will master a huge array of melee and ranged medieval weapons, such as swords, shields, lances, bows, crossbows and throwing weapons
- Extensive character customization: Skill defining multiple choice questions define a personal background story. Furthermore, the players can customize their appearance in great detail by editing traits such as facial features, gender and age
- Small encounters and large-scale battles: The player can besiege, conquer and take over strongholds as well as experience the development of fighting strategies with their troops. This army is built by hiring local volunteers and mercenaries, or gaining loyal companions through deeds. War prisoners can also be recruited or even exchanged for ransom money
- Character Progression: The player can increase their reputation amongst nobles and secure inheritance through marriage
- Online Multiplayer: Up to 32 players can fight against each other in online multiplayer skirmishes
The game is now available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at €19.99 / £15.99.