TaleWorlds Entertainment and Koch Media announced today that the highly praised Sandbox-RPG Mount & Blade – Warband is making its debut on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, in Q2 2016.
TaleWorlds Entertainment and Koch Media partnered for the world-wide retail distribution of Mount & Blade – Warband on the next generation console platforms while TaleWorlds will be self-publishing the digital version in the relevant digital stores.
Mount & Blade – Warband is a unique blend of intense strategic fighting, real time army command, and deep kingdom management. In a genre all its own, the game offers the one and only medieval combat / kingdom building sandbox experience.
Mount & Blade – Warband is the sequel of the original game that brought medieval battlefields to sandbox-life with its realistic mounted combat and detailed fighting system.
- Completely open sandbox-RPG set in a fictional medieval scenario, inspired by the middle age of our time and guided by a “trial and error” mentality
- Huge world map featuring various starting areas and different warring factions with numerous skills and traits
- Choose your career path and define your own goals on the way to success
- Challenging and complex, skill-based real-time fights
- Extensive character creation including skill defining multiple choice questions to define a personal background story
- Customizable appearance and selectable abilities for your character
- Improve your skills by using them in combat
- Total freedom thanks to the non-linear gameplay
- Besiege, conquer and take over strongholds
- Exchange your enemy prisoners for ransom money
- Fight alone or in the online multiplayer mode with up to 32 players
- Hire local volunteers and mercenaries, take prisoners or gain loyal companions through your deeds
- Fight on foot or atop of your steed (melee and ranged)
- Master the handling with Swords, Shields, lances, bows, crossbows and throwing weapons
- Small encounters or great battles: Experience the diverse fighting management with your troops
- Increase your reputation among the nobles and enhance your glory
- Act honourably or live with the consequences of your decisions
- Get married and secure your inheritance