The wait is finally over: Australian developer Black Delta today released the very first gameplay trailer of the highly anticipated PC kart racing game, KartKraft.
“After rushing back to Australia from our incredible reception at Gamescom 2015, we’ve been deep in the trenches preparing for KartKraft’s Early Access release. Twelve months since we launched the studio to rebuild KartKraft from the ground up, we can finally show what the Black Delta team has been working on.”
Originally entitled KartSim, KartKraft is the evolution of a university game prototype created by ex-kart racer and Black Delta CEO, Zach Griffin. KartKraft lets players race karts capable of accelerating from 0-100km/h in 3.1 seconds, with triple the cornering forces of a road car.
Scheduled for a Q1 2016 release on Steam’s Early Access, Unreal Engine 4 powered KartKraft, is an intense, hyper realistic kart racing game with real kart physics, laser scanned circuits, and a never-before-seen racing sandbox mode. Players can customize their avatar, kart and team with products from partners like FREEM, Alpinestars, CRG, IAME, MIR, Sparco, Arai, Arrow, Monaco, Praga, Sodikart and many more.
- Champions are Made in KartKraft: No suspension, no down force, no seatbelts; this is real kart racing. Sharpen your race craft as 30 other drivers hustle to get past and steal the chequered flag. With 3.5Gs of cornering forces thrust upon you every 3 seconds, you’ll quickly learn why only karting moulds you into a champion.
- Faster than an exotic supercar: Power through the lower classes to unlock the 45+ horsepower, purpose built KZ2 racing kart capable of reaching 160km/h, just 18 millimetres off the ground. Accelerating from 0-100km/h in just 3.1 seconds, you’re quicker than the McLaren MP4-12C and as fast as the Lamborghini Aventador.
- Race across the globe – From Europe to the USA: Race on world renowned circuits, from Sarno in Italy, Atlanta Motorsports Park in the USA, Paul Fletcher International in the UK and Geelong Karting Club in Australia. Laser scanned and reproduced with millimetre accuracy, you’re racing on the real track.
- Real kart physics: Hear the motor scream as it reaches 21,000RPM. Feel the tyre biting into the asphalt while it generates 3x the cornering forces of a road car. See the chassis twist as you slam headfirst into the tyre wall. With the only dedicated kart physics engine in gaming, this is as real as it gets.
- Build the ultimate race team: Buy a kart, create a team and invite your friends to race alongside you. Win races to unlock bigger headquarters, team skins, drones, rc cars and more.
- Look as fast as you drive – Race with style: Kit out your avatar with the latest gear from Alpinestars, Freem, Arai, Sparco, Mir and more. From suits, gloves, boots, and helmets, choose the way you look on the track.
To learn more about KartKraft please visit http://kartkraftgame.com. Like it on Facebook or follow the development process on Twitter.