Daybreak Games’ H1Z1 just received a new content update, bringing an all-new Combat Zone, Daily Challenges and more to the popular battle royale shooter.
Combat Zone introduces a new map with respawn mechanics giving players non-stop action and a place to warm up or hone their skills.
- Features a new 2×2 km map with new locations, including a shooting range
- No parachuting in; players start fully equipped to get into fights immediately
- Allows for instant respawn after death
Daily Challenges give players more bragging rights opportunities, providing them with daily in-game objectives and rewards.
- Features three different daily challenges ranging in difficulty: easy, medium and hard
- Players earn Skulls by completing Daily Challenges, which can be used to purchase in-game skins
- Daily Challenges aren’t just limited to one match and can be completed over a series of games in a day
There are also new combat balance updates based on player feedback for some of H1Z1’s most popular weapons, including the AR-15, AK-47 and shotgun.
Additionally, H1Z1’s global competitive circuit will be closing out the year with the next stop in the Elite Series at DreamHack Winter in Sweden, Dec. 1-3, 2017. Some of the world’s best solo players and teams, including the H1Z1 Legends Invitational winner Jack “RizaaR” Parker and Elite Series reigning champs from DreamHack Atlanta, Chris “sweetdreams” Sexton (solos winner) and Counter Logic Gaming (team winner), will fight for a combined prize pool of $250,000.
Solo and Team Qualifiers will take place Dec. 1-2, with the Finals on Sunday, Dec. 3. Fans can watch all the epic fights on the official H1Z1 Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/h1z1.