It’s won seven awards before it’s even out – and now there’s not long for players to wait to see what all the fuss is about.
Brilliant indie sensation Hue – winner of awards at Develop, Game Connection and Casual Connect, among others – will be bringing colour to the worlds of PC and console owners later this month, as developer Fiddlesticks and publisher Curve Digital confirm that the game will be available from August 23rd.
It’s a title which takes a brilliantly simple premise and builds it into a puzzle adventure unlike any other, with style, charm and sophistication all of its own.
Hue’s world is far from black and white – although everyone in his world sees in greyscale. On a journey to solve his mother’s disappearance, players piece together her discarded research, uncovering the ability to see and alter colour. As the background shifts between shades, rifts form and obstacles slip between realities.
Hue begins the game with limited colour perception, but as he uncovers the circumstances surrounding his mother’s disappearance he’s able to manipulate the game world in increasingly sophisticated ways. By transforming the background colour of the world, Hue can manipulate objects, unlock new areas, and interact with new aspects of the environment – a world of possibilities awaits the curious colour changer.
Along the way, Hue will meet a vast cast of imaginative characters in a witty and wonderful world filled with brilliantly inventive puzzles and a genuine sense of wonder.
“Hue has been almost universally loved whenever we’ve taken it out to shows,” says Dan Da Rocha, Fiddlesticks, “so we’re incredibly excited to be finally getting into people’s hands properly. We’ve spent the last couple of years in Hue’s world – it’s going to be brilliant to welcome some more visitors.”
“The colour-changing puzzles bring something genuinely fresh to the genre – we’ve had a real blast designing them,” adds Henry Hoffman, Fiddlesticks. “Some of the latter stages of the game are incredibly devious – we’ll be taxing parts of the brain untouched by previous games.”
Hue will be released globally on Tuesday 23rd August for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4/Vita (cross-buy), priced £11.99 / $14.99 / €14.99 (though launch discounts will apply).
- Unique colour-matching mechanic, offering a new twist on the classic platformer.
- A heartfelt story that touches on themes of love, loss, existence and remorse.
- A world full of lively characters to talk to, each with their own personality and story.
- Stark silhouetted art style with bright, bold colours.
- Over 30 original music tracks, composed exclusively for Hue.
- Professionally voiced narration by Anna Acton and Matthew Wade, some of the UK’s best television talent.
- Full colourblind support, using symbols as a colour aid.
- Razer Chroma, Corsair RGB plus many more coloured LED devices supported on Windows