This new edition lands on Steam at 50% off – free for owners of Act of Aggression.
Eugen Systems releases Act of Aggression – Reboot Edition today, and can be purchased at 50% off on Steam! This re-release version of the game comes with massive gameplay overhauls: a new resource system, revamped base-building, unit control improvements, and much more! Experience the dynamic, streamlined version of Act of Aggression in skirmish mode against the AI, and in online multiplayer battles. Owners of the original Act of Aggression can download this new edition for free! Once the Reboot Edition is installed on your machine, you will be able to switch between the classic vanilla version and the Reboot Edition.
The Reboot Edition runs on a single economy for war: money. Refineries will now extract oil from deposits located around each map. Each faction has had their building location restrictions altered and their builder units are controllable, opening up new base-building options. Units have been tweaked to move and turn faster, and their reaction speeds to orders have been cut in half. These gameplay changes guarantee faster, more action-oriented gameplay that focuses on the battle.
The gameplay details are summarized below:
- Streamlined Economy: Manage only one resource as oil is automatically converted to cash, allowing you to focus on the action. Unit expenditure is up-front, meaning no more micromanaging production lines.
- New Base Building System: Like a traditional RTS, base building units are selectable. Build directly from the builder (or destroy your opponent’s builder!)
- New Airstrikes: You no longer control the planes mid-flight. They go directly to their target and strike, much faster than previously.
- Huge balancing update and unit model improvements as well as UI tweaks and changes: for example, all units now accelerate and decelerate faster, guaranteeing more streamlined and action-packed RTS gameplay.
About Act of Aggression
Set in the near-future, Act of Aggression is an explosive techno-thriller real-time strategy game hailing from the Golden Era of RTS. With three global super-powers, there can be only one victory.
Across three distinct factions each armed with the greatest modern and prototype military weaponry, head into some of the world’s most volatile conflict zones, building bases for mass production, establishing resource supply lines, and waging war in Eugen Systems’ explosive RTS.
Build and manage the cogs of war in a return to strategic base-building, resource harvesting, and dynamic tech-trees. Capture banks and enemy soldiers to generate cash income. Upgrade units with specialization and unlock new skills. Embark on an epic single player Campaign with a thrilling original story, and fight throughout the world on realistic environments. Compete online in visceral PVP battles and become the best commander!
In a world facing ever-looming global instability, will you repel or engage in an Act of Aggression?
- Three technologically varied and powerful factions each with their own skills and strengths
- Weapons, vehicles and armaments based on real life or near-future prototype equipment
- Huge life-like maps across a war-torn political landscape
- Fight for natural resources and cash to keep the wheels of war turning
- Capture prisoners of war and ransom them back to your enemy
- Occupy banks as supplementary income
- Set up supply lines and strategically build your base to match your strategy
- Thwart nuclear attacks tactical weapons with missile defenses, or bomb your enemy out of the fight!
- A classical RTS experience paying homage to the Golden Era of RTS, the 90’s and early 00’s