2K today announced the debut of NHL SuperCard, the action-packed NHL collectible card-battling game. Featuring cover athlete Zach Parise, NHL All-Star, 2014 U.S. Olympic Team Captain and left wing for the Minnesota Wild, NHL SuperCard is available now for download free of charge on the App Store for iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad® and iPod touch, as well as the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for Android devices.
“NHL SuperCard is the perfect mobile app to keep me close to the action whenever I’m on the go,” said Zach Parise. “It’s an honor to be selected as the face of NHL SuperCard, and I look forward to helping share the excitement of NHL with hockey and gaming fans in a cool new way as we kick off the 2015 season.”
NHL SuperCard challenges players to build teams comprising current and legendary NHL players, train them to their full potential, battle on the ice in exhibition games and test their luck in both season and rivals-based action. Featuring more than 450 cards in active play, with each card representing one of seven different rarity levels, NHL SuperCard offers a wealth of collectible content combined with extensive replay value. In addition, players may complement their gameplay experience by purchasing individual card packs.
“NHL SuperCard represents the next step in extending 2K’s portfolio of action-packed mobile entertainment experiences,” said Harley Howe, Co-Studio Head at Cat Daddy Games. “Sports and collectible card game fans can now experience NHL action in a new way on their mobile devices, anywhere and at any time.”
NHL SuperCard features include:
- EXTENSIVE ROSTER – Explore a lineup of more than 450 current and legendary NHL players, including NHL SuperCard cover athlete Zach Parise alongside Paul Coffey, Doug Gilmour, Brett Hull, Cam Neely, Jacques Plante, Felix Potvin, Luc Robitaille, Jeremy Roenick and Scott Stevens;
- QUICK GAME – Participate in quick battle games and add new players to starting lineups;
- SEASON MODE – Compete against others in week-long NHL season simulations and earn significant rewards;
- RIVALS CLASH EVENTS – Pick a side and join likeminded players to compete against rivals for rewards;
- PLAYER TRAINING – Train player cards in playmaking, stick handling, focus and skating to perform at their maximum potential;
- CARD ENHANCEMENTS – Increase player ratings through acquisition of various enhancement-driven cards.
Developed by Cat Daddy Games in conjunction with Visual Concepts, both 2K studios, NHL SuperCard is available now for download on the App Store, Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore.