Collectible Card-Battling Game, Featuring 450+ Cards with Current and Legendary NHL Players, Debuts New Event-Based Mode, Season Chat, Daily Rewards and More.
2K today announced a slate of new enhancements and gameplay additions to NHL SuperCard, the engaging NHL collectible card-battling game available for download free of charge on iOS and Android devices. Featuring cover athlete Zach Parise – NHL All-Star, 2014 U.S. Olympic Team Captain and left wing for the Minnesota Wild – NHL SuperCard challenges players to build teams comprising current and legendary NHL players, train them to their full potential, battle on the ice in exhibition games and test their luck in both season and rivals-based action. The game currently holds an average rating of 4.5/5 stars on the App Store for iOS devices, as well as 4/5 stars on Google Play.**
Offering more than 450 cards featuring current and legendary NHL players in active circulation, with each card representing one of seven different rarity levels, NHL SuperCard offers a wealth of collectible content, extensive replay value and opportunities to purchase individual card packs. In addition, through its new update released today, NHL SuperCard players can now experience Road to the Cup, the game’s second event mode, as well as participate in season chats, earn daily login rewards and take advantage of new pack sales offers.
“As the face of NHL SuperCard, it’s been fun sharing something I love with hockey fans and gamers in a way they’ve never experienced before,” said Zach Parise. “The features being added are a great way to extend that experience but also attract new fans to this easy to play, fun and addictive game.”
“NHL SuperCard has been a positive step forward in extending 2K’s portfolio of card-battling mobile entertainment experiences,” said Harley Howe, Co-Studio Head at Cat Daddy Games. “Hockey and collectible card-battling game fans now have even more opportunities to embrace virtual NHL action on their mobile devices, anywhere and at any time.”
The latest NHL SuperCard update offers the following items:
- ROAD TO THE CUP – Compete against opponents, gain points and unlock cards in the game’s second event-based mode;
- SEASON CHAT – Communicate with other players throughout current seasons;
- DAILY LOGIN REWARDS – Log in to play a certain number of times each month and unlock new cards;
- NEW PACK SALE OFFERS – Take advantage of individual pack sales in the game’s Get Cards menu.
Additional NHL SuperCard features include the following:
- EXTENSIVE ROSTER – Explore a lineup of more than 450 current and legendary NHL players, including NHL SuperCard cover athlete Zach Parise alongside Paul Coffey, Doug Gilmour, Brett Hull, Cam Neely, Jacques Plante, Felix Potvin, Luc Robitaille, Jeremy Roenick and Scott Stevens;
- QUICK GAME – Participate in quick battle games and add new players to starting lineups;
- SEASON MODE – Compete against others in week-long NHL season simulations and earn significant rewards;
- RIVALS CLASH EVENTS – Pick a side and join likeminded players to compete against rivals for rewards;
- PLAYER TRAINING – Train player cards in playmaking, stick handling, focus and skating to perform at their maximum potential;
- CARD ENHANCEMENTS – Increase player ratings through acquisition of various enhancement-driven cards.
Developed by Cat Daddy Games in conjunction with Visual Concepts, both 2K studios, NHL SuperCard is available now for free download on the App Store for iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, as well as the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for Android devices.